Thursday, April 16, 2009

Caitlin's Language Development



I only have three more days left of my spring break. I am savoring every moment of it! This past week, Caitlin has certain words she keeps on using. It's been uh oh, ow, and oh. She still doing a lot of baby talk. I try to teach Caitlin to use the word milk instead nini, which means the same thing in Cantonese. It works for us at home; however, I am not sure it will work with the babysitter. Mum has three meaning right now- between food, mommy or MaMa (grandma in Cantonese). She can say up, which stands for picking me up or go up the stairs. Today she said up pease for up please, and it is kind of cute observing her language development. Since Caitlin has been teething, she is back with chewing the corners of the block books again. She says boo for book. I am still in the dilemma how I am going to incorporate English and Cantonese, since I am illiterate in Chinese.

No comments: