Monday, January 18, 2010

Growing Pains As Parents


We went to visit a friend and her family on the weekend. Caitlin got to play and hang out with my friend's two older daughters. My friend's little boy was closer in Caitlin age. Caitlin got more practice on learning to ask and share toys with other kids older than her. It was amazing how hurt we can get as parents when we hear other kids teasing our little munchkin for not enunciating the word Hello Kitty correctly, even though it was in a playful manner. As parents, we felt bad for Caitlin. Luckily, she did not even notice or remember the incident. I guess that is a hidden blessing. Caitlin had a great time playing and being around with other kids. I tell myself that is life. That is something Caitlin will have to learn to deal with on the playground, when she starts attending school in three years. I now understand why some of my present and former students' parents and grandparents get so overprotective or work up on things that happen at school. It was an eye opening experience for us.

No comments: